- Witte, E.H., Stanciu, A.* & Boehnke K. (in press). A new empirical approach to inter-cultural comparisons of value preferences based on Schwartz’s theory. Frontiers in Psychology. (*corresponding author)
- Ko, A., Pick, C.M., Kwon, J.Y., Barlev, M., Krems, J.A., Varnum, M.E.W…Stanciu, A…Kenrick, D.T. (2020). Family matters: Rethinking the Psychology of human social motivation. Perspectives on Psychological Science, 15, 173-201. https://doi.org/10.1177/1745691619872986 (download)
- Stanciu, A., Vauclair, C.-M. & Rodda, N. (2019). Evidence for stereotype accommodation as an expression of immigrants socio-cognitive adaptation. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 72, 76-86. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijintrel.2019.07.003 (download)
- Stanciu, A. & Vauclair, C.-M. (2018). Stereotype accommodation: A socio-cognitive perspective on migrants’ cultural adaptation. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 49, 1027-1047. (version before publication download here)
- Stanciu, A. & Vos, M.W. (2017). Stereotype-based faultlines and out-group derogation in diverse teams: The moderating roles of task stereotypicality and need for cognition. The Journal of Social Psychology, 157, 352-365. doi:10.1080/00224545.2016.1218321 download here (Note: This is the corrected citation to Stanciu (2017); see corrigendum here)
- Stanciu, A., Cohrs, C.J., Hanke, K. & Gavreliuc, A. (2017). Within-culture variation in the content of stereotypes: Application and development of the stereotype content model in an Eastern European culture. The Journal of Social Psychology, 157, 611-628. doi:10.1080/00224545.2016.1262812 download here
- Stanciu, A. (2015). The underlying structure of diverse work groups: A literature review on faultlines and diversity outcomes. Romanian Journal of Applied Psychology, 17, 63-71. download here
- Stanciu, A. (2015). Four sub-dimensions of stereotype content: Explanatory evidence from Romania. International Psychology Bulletin, 19, 14-20. download here
Books & book chapters
- Stanciu, A. (2017). Overall and contextually-bound well-being. Life satisfaction of Romanian migrant-emerging-adults as the outcome of a mediated association acculturation-adaptation. In R. Dimitrova (Ed.), Well-being of Youth and Emerging Adults across Cultures. Springer Series on Cross-Cultural Advancements in Positive Psychology. (book description)
- Stanciu, A. (2010). Uniforma vestimentară. Ipostază a conformării astăzi. [Dressing uniform. A modern instance of conformity]. Iași, Romania: Lumen. (in Romanian) (available here)
Manuscripts Under Review
- Stanciu, A. (2020). Value systems as motivational forces for the suppression of ageism towards older people amongst young adults: an analysis across countries. Under review @ Ageing & Society.
- Pick, M.C., Ko, A., Kenrick, D.T., Awad, E., Barry, O., Boonyasiriwat, W…, Stanciu, A…Varnum, M.E.W. (2020). Fundamental social motives: A new way to think about culture. Under review @ Brain and Behavioral Sciences.
- English, A.S., Xinyi, C.Z., Stanciu, A. & Kulich, S.J. (under review/submitted). Ethnic stereotype formation and its impact on sojourner adaptation: A case of Chinese migrant workers in Montenegro. @ Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology.
- Stanciu, A. (under review/revisions). Stereotype accommodation concerning older people and its effects on wellbeing in immigrants.
Stanciu, A. (2017). On the cognitive adaptation of migrants: Changes in migrants’ personal stereotypes while acculturating to their host countries. Doctoral dissertation at the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences. download here
Manuscripts in Preparation
- Kotzur, P.F.1, Stanciu, A.1, Friehs, M-T., Farcas, D., Kislioglu, R., Koc, Y….Van Zalk, M. (2020). Back to basics: The measurement structure and comparability of stereotype dimensions across social groups, cultural contexts, and time. (1shared authorship; analysis stage, manuscript partially written)
- Smallenbroek, O.1, Stanciu, A.1, Arant, R. & Boehnke, K. (2020). Are values really stable throughout adulthood? Evidence from two German panel studies. (1shared authorship; analysis stage, manuscript partially written)