- Ko, A., Pick, C.M., Kwon, J.Y., Barlev, M., Krems, J.A., Varnum, M.E.W…Stanciu, A…Kenrick, D.T. (2019). Family matters: Rethinking the Psychology of human social motivation. Perspectives on Psychological Science (on-line first). (download)
- Stanciu, A., Vauclair, C.-M., & Rodda, N. (2019). Evidence for stereotype accommodation as an expression of immigrants socio-cognitive adaptation. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 72, 76-86. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijintrel.2019.07.003 (download)
- Stanciu, A., & Vauclair, C.-M. (2018). Stereotype accommodation: A socio-cognitive perspective on migrants’ cultural adaptation. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 49, 1027-1047. (version before publication download here)
- Stanciu, A., & Vos, M.W. (2017). Stereotype-based faultlines and out-group derogation in diverse teams: The moderating roles of task stereotypicality and need for cognition. The Journal of Social Psychology, 157, 352-365. doi:10.1080/00224545.2016.1218321 download here (Note: This is the corrected citation to Stanciu (2017); see corrigendum here)
- Stanciu, A., Cohrs, C.J., Hanke, K., & Gavreliuc, A. (2017). Within-culture variation in the content of stereotypes: Application and development of the stereotype content model in an Eastern European culture. The Journal of Social Psychology, 157, 611-628. doi:10.1080/00224545.2016.1262812 download here
- Stanciu, A. (2015). The underlying structure of diverse work groups: A literature review on faultlines and diversity outcomes. Romanian Journal of Applied Psychology, 17, 63-71. download here
- Stanciu, A. (2015). Four sub-dimensions of stereotype content: Explanatory evidence from Romania. International Psychology Bulletin, 19, 14-20. download here
Books & book chapters
- Stanciu, A. (2017). Overall and contextually-bound well-being. Life satisfaction of Romanian migrant-emerging-adults as the outcome of a mediated association acculturation-adaptation. In R. Dimitrova (Ed.), Well-being of Youth and Emerging Adults across Cultures. Springer Series on Cross-Cultural Advancements in Positive Psychology. (book description)
- Stanciu, A. (2010). Uniforma vestimentară. Ipostază a conformării astăzi. [Dressing uniform. A modern instance of conformity]. Iași, Romania: Lumen. (in Romanian) (available here)
- Witte, E.H., Stanciu, A.*, & Boehnke K. (2019). A new empirical approach to inter-cultural comparisons of value preferences based on Schwartz’s theory. In review @ Frontiers in Psych. (* corresponding author).
- Stanciu, A. (2019). Stereotype Accommodation Concerning Older People and Its Effect on Well- Being in Young, Adult and Older Immigrants. In Review @ IJIR.
Stanciu, A. (2017). On the cognitive adaptation of migrants: Changes in migrants’ personal stereotypes while acculturating to their host countries. Doctoral dissertation at the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences. download here